Saturday, September 11, 2010

No Gallbladder?!

Gallbladders are an important part of digestion that aid in the consumption of fats. They store bile that is released when fat is eaten, to make eating a much more enjoyable experience than it would be without. I was born without a gallbladder, which I discovered a couple years ago, after experiencing many digestive problems. I was never really told by my doctors what I could do to help with this situation, beyond eating less fat, which I didn't eat much of anyways, so I continued to have issues even after I discovered the cause. It was not until I started on the Candida diet that I realized I should be taking something to help me digest my fats. My problems became more evident because I was eating more fat in my diet, and thus having more problems. A local chiropractor recommended I take CHOLACOL (a product of Standard Process) and so I gave it a try. Cholacol is designed to do what your gallbladder is not doing, since you don't have one (because you weren't born with one or you had it removed). This product worked wonders for my digestive problems, and perhaps could help you as well. I continued to eat the same way I always have, but incorporated two tablets per meal. The only downside I've really found with this is the convenience factor (I hate taking pills), and the fact that these pills taste pretty crappy, but honestly, I feel these are small prices to pay for digestive relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment