Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) Acne Experiment

I have been continually searching for a natural remedy for acne, and although my current regime has reduced my acne by quite a bit, my skin is still very oily and I still experience breakouts. My acne is currently at a mild-moderate level, reduced from a moderate-severe level. After looking online I came across some reviews on vitamin B5, also known as Pantothenic Acid, and people tended to have positive results when it came to their acne. Most people said they had improvement in their acne and in oil production, and some said it completely cleared their acne! Some of the reviewers also said that it lost its effects after some time, or that it gave them some nausea and gastro issues. They usually said any side effects cleared up after taking it for a short time. Some people also said that they had an initial breakout because B5 is clearing out their pores. All of this has sparked my interest, and I really want to try it for myself! I figure even if it stops working (it doesn't stop working for everyone), then no harm done. The experiment requires that I take 10g of vitamin B5 daily (yes quite a lot of pills), and then once my acne is under control, possibly in a month or two I can lower my dosage to manage my skin. This is DAY 3 of my experiment and I have noticed a slight breakout, which I had anticipated. I will keep you posted on the continued effects and whether it is worthy of trying! 

1 comment:

  1. You have described best information about the benefits of vitamin B5 as a acne treatment. The primary cause of acne is a defect in a person's proper metabolism of fats, is caused by the lack of the vitamin B5.
    Vitamin B5 Acne

    ReplyDelete