Sunday, April 17, 2011

Candida Friendly Chocolate Cake!

Anyone who has been on the candida diet, or who lives with food allergies in general, understands what it's like to watch everyone else eat sweet treats and have none yourself. This is extremely frustrating, and can make these specialty diets quite difficult at times, and sometimes seemingly unmanageable. It's hard to give up your favorite desserts, and have to watch others eat them in front of you. Having felt this way myself, my mother went online and found a wonderful chocolate cake recipe! Since then, I have made this cake during holidays and to calm my sweet tooth. It's totally candida diet friendly, unlike many other desserts, which makes it a wonderful and tasty indulgence. Here is a link to the recipe:
http://healthyindulgences.blogspot.com/2009/05/healthy-chocolate-cake-with-secret.html

Note: I do not include vanilla extract when making this recipe and have had no problems with it turning out right, and even though I use cocoa powder, you could substitute carob if you are sensitive to caffeine. If you are in a hurry, you could try making just the frosting and dipping almonds in it, this is what I do most of the time!

1 comment:

  1. Over the past 11 years, through a long process of trial, error and experimentation, I developed a 100% guaranteed, 3-Step System for Normal to eliminate the infection of candida for good. It is a unique and extremely powerful healing system Traitement Des Candidoses, that very little people know it exists.

    ReplyDelete