Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Health and Spirituality

I believe that health and spirituality go hand in hand. Because I am a Christian, one of my beliefs is that it is important to keep my body healthy because it is a temple for God. This is one of the many reasons that I aim to improve my health to the best of my ability. Unfortunately, this issue is one that goes unnoticed much of the time because it is overshadowed by other issues.

Although most people would probably agree that drugs and excessive alcohol are damaging to the body, most people forget to consider their diet. Why is it that so many people are feeding their bodies with processed foods, excessive sugar and all sorts of chemicals, but then point fingers at others who are doing drugs? I think both of these behaviors are addictions, and as such, both should be addressed in a spiritual walk with God.

I am not pointing fingers at people who are overweight, because I think that people who are underweight or of normal weight and eat an unhealthy diet are all choosing to mistreat their bodies. It is important to set a good example with your health for others. Show others that your body is sacred because it belongs to God, and treat it with care. I believe God wants us to be healthy so we can live long and happy lives, and so we can reach out to others and care for them.   

No comments:

Post a Comment