Wednesday, May 4, 2011

P90x Challenge

To combat my weight gain and the body image issues that came along with it, I have decided to start using P90x. I have heard quite a few good reviews about it, and I think it's just what I need. I am looking to build a fair amount of muscle, but stay lean as well, and this program seems to be perfect for that! I have done two workouts already and have decided I'm completely out of shape. I couldn't finish my workout yesterday because it was too intense, so I got about halfway through. It is definitely an extreme regime, but I think I am up for the challenge. I have always enjoyed working out, but have been more of a cardio girl than strength training (I do a little of that on the side). This program combines the two so you can build muscle and burn fat. I am going to keep at it, even if some of the workouts are a little too hard for me at first, I think I will get them when I get a little more in shape. I would like to lose around 6 pounds (the weight I gained), plus get toned and fit. I am hoping this program will improve my body image as well as my health, and hopefully give my metabolism the boost it needs to recover from discontinuing my Topamax. I will keep you posted on my progress with the program!

No comments:

Post a Comment