Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Proactive Recovery

I have struggled with my recovery for quite a while, and still struggle to this day. I have wanted to recover, but didn't want to make any sacrifices. I wanted what my eating disorder gave me, and I wanted the freedom of recovery at the same time. Unfortunately, this is not how life works. I think this can be an important concept if you are considering recovery. Perhaps you should make a list with the pros and cons of each, and decide whether you can sustain recovery. One of the biggest problems with recovery is that people do not start out in the correct mindset. They only want to partly recover while maintaining their destructive behavior. I do understand that most people cannot give themselves completely to recovery in the beginning, this is why it is important to establish limits. This could also be written down along with the pros and cons. One of my limitations had to do with my weight. I decided that if I got over a certain weight I would work out more or eat less carbohydrates. When limitations can be foreseen, it is easier to establish a healthy way of combating them. Instead of waiting until I reached a weight that scared me and then restricting my caloric intake, I decided to be proactive and find solutions to the problem before it happened. I encourage you to take a proactive look at your recovery. Decide what your limitations are and try to find a positive way to deal with them. Even small steps can take you a long way to freeing yourself from addiction!    

1 comment:

  1. Providing such information is really beneficial for fighting against candida. Thanks a lot for giving your valuable time discussing about it.

    candida dieet

    ReplyDelete