Monday, July 28, 2014

Back to the Basics...

Looking back, it's been a little while since I've been fully committed to the Candida Diet. What began a few years ago as a strict, but healthy diet, has become a painfully pathetic attempt to walk to line between health and my chronic sugar addiction. I have slowly allowed myself to eat more and more foods, which has inevitably caused all of my original symptoms to return. I often feel bloated and lethargic, my acne has returned with a vengeance, and my weight has reached my "NO GO" point, so it's about time I commit to change my life with a strict regimen once again. It is difficult to remain completely true to a sugar free diet, as life is a bit hectic as of late, and I am often finding myself eating out. I have slowly begun to incorporate more protein and less carbohydrates/sugar into my diet, but I'm finding sugar moderation difficult. I believe I will have to return to a completely sugar free diet in order to keep my mind sane and my body healthy. I will keep you posted on my progress and results!

1 comment:

  1. I understand you completely, it happened to me too some time ago. I stopped eating all types of sugar and flours but after a while I returned to it. My body asked for it. And then again I started suffering from Candida . I guess that for me what worked was a mixed of very restrictive diet with another diet more flexible.

    ReplyDelete