Sunday, August 19, 2012

Eating Disorder Isolation

There is a great deal of loneliness that comes with any eating disorder. I have felt this on and off ever since the beginning of my struggles. It is often difficult for me to connect with others, because I have been in my own world for so long that I have trouble relating to others. This realization, along with the fact that I have high anxiety in social situations, has often made me feel hopeless and depressed. This feeling is often alleviated though, by keeping myself busy. Unfortunately, the past couple summers have been slow and slightly boring. The monotony of time has made me question my significance and importance. Luckily the school year will start soon, and my schedule will pick up the pace! In order to get past the isolation, I need to break through the self-doubt and discomfort in order to establish positive and lasting relationships. This will be a continual struggle, but I am looking forward to opening myself up to new opportunities in the near future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment